The Cisco Aggregation Services Router 9000 Series Essentials (ASR9KE) v6.0 course introduces you to the features and functions of the Cisco® Aggregation Services Router (ASR) 9000 Series platforms. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs, you will gain an understanding of all major aspects of the platform, including hardware, Layer 2 and Layer 3 services, routing protocols including Segment Routing, Layer 2 and Layer 3 multicast, Quality of Service (QoS) features, and network virtualization. The course investigates Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS) XR 64-Bit Linux-based feature parity in the environment, as well as how to install Cisco IOS® XR 64-Bit software packages.
This course will help you:
- Understand the essential features and functions of the ASR 9000 Series routers running Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit software
- Practice Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit configurations on the ASR 9900 Series router in lab exercises
- Configure Cisco ASR 9900 configuration changes and restore older versions of the configuration
- Install the Cisco IOS XR 64-Bit Software operating system, Package Information Envelopes (PIEs), and Software Maintenance Updates (SMUs)
- Understand data flow through the Cisco ASR 9000 and ASR 9900 Series router